Tuesday 8 May 2012

Black and White Red Snapper



            Here we go with a little recipe for Red Snapper. One of the many things that I love is to get my hands on some good fresh fish so when my eyes fell on fresh Snapper in the seafood case a smile broke loose on my face. There is something wonderful about a simple preparation of a nice piece of fish. So here my take on Snapper in a white wine sauce, I served it on top of a bed of, what I call black noodles. It is sort of a fusion thing but I thought the flavours were great together. You get sort of a rosé sort of vibe from the white and red wines. I thought it turned out pretty well so here it is.

Black and White Red Snapper to the tune of Simple Song by the Shins

The Snapper Part

1 fillet of Red Snapper portioned
Salt and pepper
¼ cup white wine
Splash of heavy cream
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp oil

-Season your fish on both sides while you heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Place your fish in the pan fry until you can see the doneness move to about half way up the side, flip and let cook through. Remove the fish and let it rest

-return the pan to the heat and add your wine and lemon and reduce a little. Add in your cream and heat through. Pour the sauce over the fish when you are plating. The Snapper part is done.

The Black Noodle Part
1 Package of Udon or Shanghai style noodles
A handful of thinly sliced red cabbage
¼ cup of red wine
A good splash of soy sauce
A splash of water

-In a large frying pan over medium high heat toss all of your ingredients in and cover with a lid. Move them around from time to time until the noodles separate and that is how you do that.

            I hope you dig the attempt at a little fusion cooking. When I made it I dug it so give it a go and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment