Friday 18 January 2013

Explaining the lack of Posts with a Sandwich




            So some of you may be wondering what Johnny has been up to seeing as there was a big gap in posts there for a awhile. Well here it is. I have taken on the cool and seemingly trial filled endeavour of baking bread. With the help of some books loaned to me by my friend Antonio I have been baking up a storm to try and produce good bread at home. I am getting the hang of it and all of my little guinea pigs are loving the trials of Johnny’s bread. The other thing that is taking up some of my time is that I have started to do some home curing. Yep the Condor is now making homemade bacon and pancetta. I know that you are all a little frightened and might even be drooling a little. So I have fresh baked bread and home cured and smoked bacon so what do I do with it..... BLT sandwiches. Here is how Johnny knocks out a classic sandwich.

BLT sandwiches to the tune of Into the Fire by Thirteen Senses.

4 slices of good bread
6 slices of good double smoked bacon
1 tomato sliced
2 leafs of lettuce. I used a red leaf lettuce.
Mayo
Dijon mustard

-Fry off your bacon so that it is crisp but not charred remove from the heat. Remove the bacon from the pan but save the rendered fat in the pan.

-Spread Mayo on two slices of bread and the mustard on the other two. The tomatoes go on the mayo side, the lettuce goes on the mustard side. The bacon goes in the middle.

-Now here in the trick. Heat up that pan you thought you were done with and then fry your sandwiches just like you were making a grilled cheese. This will crisp the bread up and add a little extra flavour that really makes the sandwich. You are done. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment