Monday 30 July 2012

Johnny is Still Working on the Same Recipe



             One of the first things that I took on cooking completely of my own volition was a chicken dish that came out of one of the first cook books that I ever owned. I think we found it in a warehouse store. It was simply titled Italian and as I flipped through it I was enamored with the pictures of all of these seemingly foreign types of food. I wanted to make this food, I was ten. I brow beat my mother to help me find things we never ate, things like prosciutto. I made the dish and was completely in love with the process. I continued to play with the recipe until I got it down. It became my go to dish, the dish that I would make to impress girls. So this recipe is a continuation of that first dish. I find a certain kind of solace in playing and tweaking dishes to make them different and hopefully better. So here we go a little stuffed chicken breast and   don’t worry my lovelies there is bacon in it.

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Basil and Goat’s Cheese to the tune of Night Moves by Bob Seger

2 Chicken Breasts
4 strips of Bacon
250g of Good Goat’s Cheese
1 clove of minced Garlic
8-10 leaves of fresh Basil minced
Salt and Pepper
Olive oil

-Pre heat an oven to 350 degrees.

-Mix together the cheese, garlic and basil. Now you have the stuffing.

-Cut a pocket in the chicken and stuff with the cheese mixture, pinch shut, season with salt and pepper, then wrap in the bacon tying with butchers twine to secure it.

-Heat a cast iron skillet, add oil, and sear off the chicken. Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until the juices run clear.

-Serve with creamy polenta and pan fried zucchini and you are done. Give it a go and try to impress members of the opposite sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment