Thursday 12 April 2012

Johnny's Hangover Hash



            So I was asked by my friend Jill what were some good ways of re-purposing leftovers and as I thought about it I realized that it is not something that I do very often. I generally just grab the containers out of the fridge, give them a quick smell to make sure that they are still good and simply mow down. The more I thought about it the more I wanted to put together a recipe which allowed us to both use up the leftovers and not waste them and to make something that is fast and easy to satisfy that after work, I am starving, but I am lazy feeling that we all fall victim to. I have another motive for including this recipe and that is it is the best food in world to quell a hangover. Yep that is right you have all of the stuff that you need to get over the over. It is buttery and cheesy and meaty and good. You can and should use whatever you have in your fridge, this is one of those of fluid recipes that you just add what you have. So add what you have. You can make it full of meat or completely meatless the world is your oyster on this one kids.

Johnny’s Hangover Cure Hash

2 potatoes diced
½ onion finely diced
2 tbsp oil
Salt and pepper
Diced corned beef as much as you like or whatever you have in your fridge (in the picture I used leftover pork tureen courtesy of Toby)
 3 eggs beaten with 2 tbsp of milk
Cheese grated whatever you have on hand
2 tbsp Sriracha I love spice so I put more than this in mine, just saying

-Heat oil in a frying pan and add onion and potatoes. Fry until about half way cooked.

-Add in your meat and continue to cook until your spuds are done. Taste them to make sure.

-Add in your eggs and cheese and sriracha and stir to combine with the rest of your ingredients. Keep stirring until your eggs are scrambled the way that you like them.

-Dump the mess onto a plate and devour. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment